- A raw application data structure (a structure of complex Python
objects), passed to the
method for serialization. The
colander.SchemaNode.deserialize() method accepts a
cstruct and returns an appstruct.
- A data structure generated by the
colander.SchemaNode.serialize() method, capable of being
consumed by the
- A nested collection of schema node objects representing
an arrangement of data.
- schema node
- A schema node is an object which can serialize an
appstruct to a cstruct and deserialize a
appstruct from a cstruct an (object derived from
colander.SchemaNode or one of the colander Schema
- An object representing a particular type of data (mapping,
boolean, string, etc) capable of serializing an appstruct
and of deserializing a cstruct. Colander has various
built-in types (
colander.Mapping, etc) and may be extended with
additional types (see Defining a New Type).
- A Colander validator callable. Accepts a
node object and a
value and either raises an
None. Used as the
validator= argument to a
schema node, ensuring that the input meets the requirements of
the schema. Built-in validators exist in Colander
colander.Range, etc), and
new validators can be defined to extend Colander (see
Defining a New Validator).