- The basic unit of reusable look and feel, a layout consists of a
main template and a layout class.
- layout class
- A class registered with a layout that can be used as a place to consolidate
API that is common to all or many templates across a project.
- layout instance
- An instance of a layout class. For each view, a layout is
selected and that layout’s layout class is instantiated for the
current request and context and made
available to templates as the renderer global, layout.
- main template
- Also known as the o-wrap or outer wrapper, this is a template which
contains HTML that is common to all views that share a particular layout.
View templates are derived from the main template and inject their own
HTML into the HTML defined by the main template.
- A panel is a reusable component that defines the HTML for small piece of an
entire page. Panels are callables, like views, and may either return an HTML string or use a
renderer for generating HTML to embed in the page.