WebHelpers development is coordinated on the
pylons-discuss list. Proposals
for new helpers and offers to help with coding or documentation are always
welcome. Please post any bug reports or outlines for new helpers to the
New helpers are considered if they conform to the following criteria:
- Is it useful in a wide variety of applications, especially web applications?
- Does it avoid dependencies outside the Python standard library, especially
C extensions which are hard to install on Windows and Macintosh?
- Is it too small to be released as its own project, and is there no other
Python project more appropriate for it?
- Does it work on all Python versions from 2.4 to the latest 2.x?
(Python 3 is not yet supported.)
- A small number of Pylons-specific helpers are accepted for the
webhelpers.pylonslib package. These are ones that offer significant
advantages over framework-neutral implementations, are too peripheral for the
Pylons core, and are too widely useful to exclude. The docstring should
explain how to port it to another web framework.